Sunday, April 19, 2009

5K

On Saturday I ran in my very first race! My friend Erin was doing it and she suckered me into running with her. I've been running just for exercise but she was convinced I would love the race! I don't have quite the love of running that Erin has but she was right it was fun!! My friend Sarah and her sister and brother-in-law ran too! For anyone who doesn't know cause I didn't know at first, a 5K is 3.1 miles. Erin and I ended up running it in 27 minutes and guess what...I got 3rd place in my age category!!! I even got a plaque to show for it haha!! Afterwards we got free tacos, free massages, and lots of other freebies so I guess the entry fee was worth it!! It was a real fun day and maybe there will be more to come!!

paul and royce enjoying some free tacos with eva and grace
me with my award haha
my running mate erin and i right before our massages

10 comments:

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

That is awesome Aub. Hey I guess Ty and I are moving to Cali for the summer and we have been looking at apartments in Irvine. E-mail me at danibandre@gmail.com and let me know where you guys are at and if you have any ideas on where we should look lol maybe we will be close. That could be fun!

Rachel said...

Impressive! You finished it in good time. You look great too; I would be proud!

Brittany said...

That looks like it was so much fun...I wish I could do stuff like that! I would never be able to finish that fast though. I can't wait to get this baby out of me so I can get back in shape (not that I ever was in shape to begin with)!

Lori said...

Yeah, that's impressive!!!!

Laurel said...

Way to go AubRee! I am very impressed, not because I didnt think you could do that... but because I could most definitely not do that.

Sara B said...

this is awesome, i am proud of you. i've totally started running since i've been in seattle, hard work but SO good for you! where did you get those running shorts? i need a pair.

Unknown said...

That's awesome! Congrats on 3rd place :) Sounds like you had a great time!

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

haha nice! I am totally jealous. My goal is to become a runner. You're inspiring! : )

ValaRee said...

We can't say you "went to pot" anymore. Way to go Aub, you always were fast. If we could get Grace running she'd be a bullet with Royce and your genes. Let's work on walking first right. Love ya Mom

RILEY G said...

AubRee... You are an inspiration to every young child whose dream is to become a runner. Maybe we can run to the shrubs and back when you get home.